Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Hello

Here it is, the generic first post of a blog that typically is just a reiteration of the 'About Me' section:

I am born and raised in the great state of New Jersey and love it. You really can't complain if you are only a half hour away from New York City, an hour and a half or so from Philly, two hours from Atlantic City, and only a few miles from the Jersey Shore. It would be great if I can live and work in the city, but who doesn't like commuting and sitting in rush hour traffic?

I graduated a couple of years ago from Rutgers University with a BA in English focusing on American Literature. Since I was an English major, you will always see me with my nose buried in a book (or with a pint of beer in my hand), and I tend to set leisure reading goals for myself. 

Over the past year or so, I have been doing freelance work in North Jersey for various marketing agencies- both digital and print. I have worked as a copywriter, social media community manager, and account coordinator. Out of all of my different titles in my short career, my passion lays with copywriting. 

That's where this blog comes in. Since I am not writing in my current position, I will use this blog to let my creativity flow freely and as an outlet to show off examples of my writing. 

Anything goes in this blog. 

I will try to update periodically and post about several different topics. I will also showcase some short fiction and possibly poetry. Most of what I post on here will be informal.

No comments:

Post a Comment